Netify can identify and classify over 160 network protocols spanning broad range of applications - thanks in no small part to the nDPI project.
The ability to identify application layer protocols without relying on the transport layer's port number is crucial when analyzing flow traffic. Inspection and classification of network protocols takes place in the first few frames of client-server connection. The result - the service is extremely efficient and does not consume significant CPU resources from the gateway in order to achieve the desired result.
Using Netify's protocol detection, you can expect to detect:
- File sharing applications (e.g. BitTorrent)
- Online gaming (e.g. Battlefield, Quake, WoW)
- Instant messaging (e.g. Jabber, IRC, Twitter)
- Media (e.g. Spotify, SHOUTcast, PPStream)
- Remote desktop (e.g. Teamviewer, Citrix Online, RDP)
- And many, many more